What is Etizolam?
- Etizolam is a tried and true medication for treating anxiety disorders.
- It produces many therapeutic effects that include sedative, hypnotic, anxiety reducing, and it also relaxes muscles.
- It also combines immediate physical relief and the reduction of psychological tension all in one pill.
- People use it around the world to treat many conditions and it is known under the names Etilaam, Etizest, Pasaden, and Sedekopan as well as other medications
- It belongs to the medication class thienodiazepine. In countries such as Germany and the United States, it is a controlled substance, but is easy to obtain in the other countries around the globe.
Even though it is mainly used to treat anxiety and depression, it can also be used to treat agitation, nervousness, and sleeplessness.
- This medication is very popular because it has mild and rare side effects that make it easy and safe to take. Along with anxiety disorder, Etizolam helps treat the symptoms of anxiety disorder and other symptoms as well.
What Anxiety Symptoms Etizalom Treats?
Along with treating anxiety disorders and its related symptoms, Etizolam also treats other symptoms.
These symptoms include unknown fears and chills, chronic fear and anxiety, increased heart rate, and muscle spasms.
Other symptoms that this medication treats is excessive sweating, shortness of breath, stammering, shaky hands and legs, tensions, lower back pain, cervical spine disorders, and a headache because of conflicting thoughts (a person fighting with their own thoughts).
How Etizolam Treats Anxiety?
- Etizolam is a psychoactive drug that doctors regularly prescribe to treat short-term anxiety disorders.
- Medically, it is a lot like another conventional benzodiazepine and that is why it is called a benzo analog.
- It is also thought of as minor tranquilizer or a sleeping pill to help people treat anxiety in the right way.
- This medication also helps treat chronic stress or tension that is the main cause of anxiety and it also helps relax the people that take it.
- Even though this medication is great, it is a good idea to not take this medication unless it has been prescribed by a physician and if it is not legal in the country that you live in, you should look for another anxiety medication to take that your doctor can prescribe for you
- When you are trying to determine if you have anxiety, there is a checklist that you can go by to determine if you have anxiety.
An Anxiety Checklist
This checklist lists well-known symptoms of anxiety. Many people have anxiety and every person can have different symptoms. However, people that have anxiety have reported these physical symptoms and behaviors that are linked to anxiety. The first section deals with body sensations that have to do with anxiety.
The answers to the questions are: often, sometimes, or rarely.
- Do you feel jumpy or jittery?
- Do your hands or limbs shake and tremble?
- Do you feel like a tight band is tied around your forehead?
- Do you have sensations of lightheadedness, faintness, or dizziness?
- Does your mouth or throat feel dry?
- Do you have trouble talking?
- Do you feel like your heart is pounding and racing?
- Is your voice unsteady?
- Do your fingers and limbs feel cold and clammy?
- Do you feel like you are choking or smothering?
- Do you have stomach issues like nausea, diarrhea, or upset stomach?
- Do you need to urinate more often than usual?
Behaviors That Are a Part of Having Anxiety
- Do you feel on edge or irritable?
- Do you avoid particular situations because you are afraid of them?
- Do you become agitated for no apparent reason?
- Do you cling to others or rely on them for security?
- Do you use alcohol or drugs to calm your nerves?
Thoughts Associated With Anxiety
- Do you worry all the time?
- Do you feel like you are about to lose control?
- Do you have a sense of impending doom with no real reason?
- Do you feel a vague sense of dread or apprehension?
- Do you feel like you cannot handle your problems?
- Do you think that the world is caving in on you?
- Do you feel like things are getting out of hand?
The Symptoms of Anxiety
No matter what anxiety disorder you have, all of them share some general symptoms. These symptoms include:
- Panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Not being able to stay calm and still
- Cold, sweaty numb, or tingling hands and feet
- Shortness of breath
- Heart Palpitations
- Dry Mouth
- Tense Muscles
The next thing that you need to know are the types of anxiety.
All Different Types of Anxiety
The main types of anxiety include:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Phobia
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Treatments to Take Care of Anxiety
There are many different types of treatments available to treat anxiety and they include psychological treatments. These treatments include:
Medical Care: There are quite a few medications that can be taken for anxiety.
Antidepressants: Antidepressants include selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) which are the most common type of anxiety medications. These medications include fluoxetine (Prozac) and paroxetine (Paxil). Other kinds of antidepressants like tricyclics can also be prescribed by a doctor for anxiety.
Buspirone: (Buspar) is a unique anxiety medication, and like the ones I mentioned above, it can also be taken on a long-term basis.
Benzodiazepines: This medication is called tranquilizers at times. They are designed to be used to treat anxiety on a short-term basis. They include medications like Alprazolam (Xanax) and Lorazepam (Ativan). If you take these medications on a long-term basis, you can get drug tolerance and become dependent on them.
Therapeutic Treatments For Anxiety
Cognitive Behavior Therapy: This type of therapy is the most common type of therapy and has been scientifically proven to properly treat anxiety.
PsychoDynamic Therapy: Psychodynamic therapy is also known as talk therapy and it is not regularly by itself to treat anxiety. It is usually used when anxiety disorders occur with other disorders like personality disorders.
There are also alternative therapies for anxiety and lifestyle changes that can be made to help with anxiety.
Alternative and Lifestyle Changes to Help With Anxiety
Changes in lifestyle can be a very important part of treating anxiety. If certain lifestyle changes are not made, they can hinder the progress of other anxiety treatments. There are many lifestyle changes that can be made to help treat anxiety.
Exercise: A daily workout can help lower anxiety and stress levels.
Diet: if a person does not consume foods that are full of fat and sugar, their anxiety levels can go down. Also, if they eat more foods with omega-3 fatty acids in them, like walnuts and flax seeds, can also lower their anxiety levels.
Drugs: Alcohol and non-prescription drugs, even over-the-counter medications, can make anxiety worse. These drugs include caffeine and tobacco products.
Relaxation: Utilizing formal methods of relaxation like meditation and yoga will help you get rid of anxiety.
Sleep: If you make a sleep schedule and stick to it, this will definitely help you.
Herbs: Though it has not been researched, it is believed that herbs will help you. The herb kava can help with relaxation. Valerian is used to help people sleep. Vitamin B is also believed to help reduce anxiety.
Strategies For Dealing With Anxiety and Stress
When you are feeling anxious or stressed, there are many things to help you get rid of the anxiety of stress.
Take a Time Out: Take some time for yourself and do yoga, listen to music, meditate, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Stepping away from your problems for a little while will help clear your head.
Eat a Well-Balanced Diet: You should not skip any meals and you should always have healthy snacks that boost your energy level around.
Control Alcohol and Caffeine Intake: They are known to aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
Sleep Well: When you feel stressed, you need more rest and sleep.
Do Your Best:You will not be perfect, but be proud of yourself for what you do accomplish.
Know That You Cannot Control Everything: Think if your stress is as bad as it really is.
Have a Sense of Humor: A good laugh goes a long way.
Be Positive: Replace the bad thoughts you have with positive ones.
Get Involved: Volunteer or find a way to be active in the community you live in. It will also help you get a support network and you also get a break from the stress in your everyday life.
Learn What Triggers Your Anxiety- Determines what causes you to become stressed. Is it school, work, school, or something else that stresses you out? Document when you feel anxious or stressed and look for a pattern.
Talk to People: Tell family and friends when you are feeling way too stressed, and tell them how they can help you. Doctors and therapists can provide you with professional help.
How Etizolam Aids Anxiety?
- Etizolam works just like the rest of the medications in the benzodiazepine family by targeting the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain that works to increase production and slow down nerve impulses.
- The Center For Substance Abuse Research says that this type of antidepressant is the most prescribed antidepressant medication in the United States.
- Etizolam works like these medications, but it appears to be more selective as it binds to specific receptor sites in the brain and causing a more anxiolytic or anti-anxiety effect.
- People with Generalized Anxiety Disorder like Etizolam because it is stronger than Valium and it also appears that it has like side effects as Valium as well.
- Even though this antidepressant does help with anxiety and depression and its side effects are less dramatic, it is known to cause drowsiness during the day and other benzodiazepine side effects. This medication should not be taken for a long time because people can become dependent on it and have serious withdrawal symptoms when they quit taking it.
Techniques For Treating Etizolam Addiction
If you find yourself addicted to Etizolam, do not despair. There are things that can be done to treat it.
Withdrawal Management: After you get a thorough assessment of your individual, physical, psychological, cognitive, and social functioning, you will be enrolled in a withdrawal management program that will be managed by your doctor. You will be given a benzodiazepine or you can be put on a regime that slowly tapers you off of Etizolam. Your doctor will give you an initial dose of the medicine and slowly lower the strength of the medication that you take and how often you take it. This method of withdrawal ensures that you do not have withdrawal symptoms like seizures.
Therapy: When you are withdrawing from Etizolam, you will be expected to participate in formal substance abuse disorder therapy. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is usually part of your therapy that will help you find the reason why you got addicted to this medication. Your treatment will help you determine how you prevent relapses, will help you with stress management techniques, and make a plan for long-term recovery. The therapy can be delivered in group therapy, on an individual basis, or as a combination of group and individual therapy sessions.
Family and Social Support: When you are in recovery, you need the support of your family and friends. They are encouraged to play an active role in your recovery. Your family members can attend your therapy sessions and help you at home as well. You can join twelve-step social support groups. They are ongoing and help their members with ongoing support. You can form close relationships with others in recovery and can get ongoing support as long as you need to.
Treatment For Co-Occurring Conditions: People that are in recovery should have any mental health conditions along with the addiction treated along with their addiction to this medication and should also be treated for any significant medical conditions. This includes the use of medicines and therapy where appropriate. In many cases, providing other interventions, such as occupational therapy, case management services, placement services, and even complementary therapies like music therapy or animal-assisted therapies, can improve the quality of one’s program.
A significant time investment: Research indicates that there is a strong relationship between successful outcomes in substance use disorder treatment and the length of time spent in treatment, such that individuals who engage themselves in treatment for longer periods of time have overall better outcomes. In most cases, this means remaining in treatment for years after being abstinent. Most often, a regular treatment plan includes being part of an addiction support group and meeting regularly with a therapist. An in-patient treatment program or having the withdraw symptoms treated is not enough to help with a drug addiction.
Etizolam on a Short-Term Basis
After you discuss your medication options with your doctor and they prescribe it for you, it is a good idea to only take this medication on a short-term basis. The reason for this is because if this medication is used on a long-term basis, the person that takes it for a long time can develop different physical issues like poor alertness and problems with coordination.
Since it is a highly addictive medication, it is also a good idea to take it in low doses.
Also, if you take it in higher doses, you run a greater risk of developing side effects.
Be sure to talk to a doctor before taking this medication, because, even though it is believed to safe when it is taken in small doses, a doctor should prescribe this medication, keep track of any side effects their patient may have, and change the medication when and if it is necessary to do so.
Who Should Take Etizolam
- It is used for clinical and subclinical therapy that addresses a large number of conditions from insomnia and increased nervous tension to severe panic attacks or stimulant overdoses.
- It is also very helpful in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder and other psychological issues.
- When it comes to mild cases of sleep deprivation, taking a single dose is enough, while patients with chronic problems may need to adopt a daily regimen that lasts for several weeks or months as directed by their doctor.
The Benefits of Etizolam
Since Etizolam has a lot of benefits, it is a very popular choice of medication among patients. Some of the benefits of this medication are it decreases anxiety and helps people live a peaceful life and helps people with anxiety and insomnia sleep well which helps feel refreshed and full of energy. It also helps people improve the memory skills and analytical powers of the people that take it and it helps people excel in their personal and professional lives also. It also helps enhances people’s moods by gradually getting rid of their irritation, agitation, and mood swings. People that take this medication need to follow the dosage instructions and the necessary precautions of taking this medication.
The dosage of Etizolam needs to be well regulated and needs to be taken exactly how a doctor prescribes it. Typically, this medication is to be taken three times a day with 0.5 milligrams in the form of tablets. If a patient does need more, their doctor can increase their dosage. However, the dose should not be increased to over three milligrams because it may lead to severe damage. The precautions that need to be followed with this medication include only be taken as prescribed by a doctor because, if more than the prescribed dose is taken, it can bring on severe side effects, maybe even fatal ones. A patient also needs to tell their doctor about their past medical history and the medications that they are currently taking. The prescribing doctor will also tell their patient that this medication can affect their prolactin blood levels. Finally, the people that take this medication need to know the side effects of it.
For a person to know everything about this medication, they also need to know the side effects of this medication. The side effects of this medication include if a person takes this medication for a long period of time, their withdrawal symptoms include a sense of abandonment and departure. Since this medication is also a sedative, people who take this medicine get dizzy spells and feel tired even after they have been taking it for three days. This medicine also will make you feel drowsy and want to sleep more.
They tend to sleep more and have a drowsy effect induced on them. The severe side effects of this medication include Blepharospasm which is a disease that leads to the contraction of the eyelids that limits the vision of the patient and they are unable to see beyond their eyelids because of the contractions. This condition tends to go away after a few days though. If it does stay more than a few days, the patient needs to contact their doctor because it can cause severe eye damage. Now that you know what this medication is, what symptoms it treats, what dose this medication should be taken in, who should take this medication, and the side effects of this medication, you now know all the information of Etizolam in its entirety.